Airports around the world are implementing new polices and procedures to help protect travelers and employees during COVID-19. Many airports have been updating their websites with their most up to date information on how they are handling the evolving situation including:
- Increased sanitation and cleaning of high traffic areas: seating, restrooms, elevators, escalators and moving walkways
- Nightly deep cleaning of entire terminals
- Posted and announced guidelines to encourage safety and social distancing
- Installation of hand sanitizing stations throughout terminals
- Ensuring employees are wearing masks and protective gloves
To ensure social distancing protocols, many airlines have closed lounges. Airports have limited restaurants open for take out service and many restaurants have limited operating hours. Many shops and boutiques are closed or have limited hours.